30 October 2010

Talentadong Pinoy

I was watching Talentadong Pinoy with my brother, sister, and mom just a while ago (and who knows, my father might be watching with us also since it is almost All Souls Day already). The participants could be anyone. From being a medical assistant school student, unemployed tambays, to being a mom or even Elvis fanatic. And it's great to know that many people who are not even members of star guilds or artists circles can easily join such a show as long as they can show a certain talent. Past winners have been given major opportunities in their own line/career path. For example, Makata Tawanan , a former winner who excels in balagtasan, is now a regular part of a TV5 daily morning show. (And we all know it's not that easy to be a part of a daily show whose main competitors are Umagang Kay Ganda of ABS and Unang Hirit of GMA7.

I guess it's very much the same in real life outside show business. You really do not need an educational degree or a 'good breed' to suceed in your chosen profession... case in point: Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zucherberg -- all are college dropouts. And then there's my uncle (a distant relative) who's filthy rich because of his buy-and-sell business which he started when he was in Grade 2!
He quit schooling since then.

Are they really that good? Or is it their fate to succeed? I don't know. I guess what I am trying to say... I guess what I am trying to ask is, what does it take to succeed? Sheer talent? Hard work? Combination? Or is it fate?

No comments: