29 January 2011

Sleeping like a baby*

Working so hard sometimes makes me choose between eating and sleeping. There came a time in my life when I always debate with myself (guess who won? I did.) if I should sleep or eat or not on any given day because a lot of work has to be done. In most cases, I skipped sleeping because I can really be awake for days as long as I have Coke/coffee (the real Coke brand, not "coke-coke" ) and Kitkat on my side -- for the caffeine fix (I'm not a fan of energy drinks) and sugar rush.

Recently, I was trapped in the same dilemma. There are days that with so much thing to do, to accomplish, to plan, I can't let go any minute or hour without doing something productive. Again, sometimes, I have to choose which of the the two to let go: sleeping or eating.

Upgraded to Mountain Dew as it has more caffeine content, then, supplemented
it with an energy drink, plus the always dependable cup of hot coffee.
Choosing to skip sleep is an easy decision. But last night, the rules of the game were changed. Suddenly, there is a new and a very significant factor that has to be considered. I received this so-cool gift! Actually, there was no indication that the gift/package was for me. It has a name in it, but it wasn't my name. But since no one is claiming the said gift, well, I took it that it was for me. :-D

Jaraaaaannnn!!!

zzzzzzzzzz.... best sleep I've had in weeks, probably months. :-)

With this air bed, I don't think I can say no to Hypnos. I mean, hey, if you've tried sleeping on one of these awesome beds, even without those beautiful sferra linens as cover, you'll agree with me that it feels a lot different from ordinary beds. It gracefully follows the contour of your body, it gives enough space/ventilation (ventilation what?) so you won't sweat even if the weather is a bit hot, and it contains a course that will make you feel so comfortable when you start lying on it. (Did I sound a bit like an air bed salesman here?)

Oh well, sometimes some of us are just lucky to have wonderful friends who give us different stuff that make our life more comfortable. Hehehe. I know life is sometimes not fair... but with my good friends by my side, ang masasabi ko lang: "Life, bring... it... on."


Ow, wait, did I mention that this gift comes with an eat-all-you-can buffet at Yakimix? Thank you, kind-hearted gift giver. You're the most awesome of all. :-)

*who snores really hard. :-D

No comments: