15 January 2011

Porsche 911, how would you like to have one?

How would you like to drive a car like this one? I don't know how much this is, but hey, it's a luxury car. And a Porsche at that. What would you think of a public official driving something like this?

I would like you to pause for a while and think of that public official using this sports car before you scroll down.

Oh, yeah, baby! I feel the need... the need for speeeeed!!!
Did you ever think that it was actually Noynoy who bought this Porsche? Noynoy, the Philippine president who wants to lead us to "Daang Matuwid"?
"Hindi ho gobyerno ang nagbayad niyan. Ibinenta ko po ‘yung isang sasakyan ko at nagkataon ho meron namang buyer na ‘yun po ang ginamit ko pambayad nitong sasakyan ko," he said.
Aquino said he sees nothing wrong in buying the car while he can still drive a sports car, although he added that he may not be able to drive his Porsche that often. 
"Ano bang masama na habang may kakayahan pa po akong magmaneho ng ganoong klaseng sasakyan dahil siguro naman pagbaba ko or ten years from now, iba na ang ating reflexes," he said.
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/210469/pnoy-buys-himself-a-porsche

Noynoy Aquino bought a sports car, a Porsche 911. It was from his own pocket. But, dude, it was done in bad taste! Had Villar won the election and bought this car, I wouldn't have a problem with that, because Villar did not run his campaign with the idea of "Daang matuwid." Villar did not criticize the Arroyo delegation in the US$20K dinner at New York (which, according to the delegation, was from the personal of a certain congressman).

Noynoy, on the other hand, supposedly is not your typical trapo. He is the president of a developing country who is way behind most of its neighbors. He should have thought of -- wait, I'm sorry, that's too much of me to ask from Noynoy. What was I thinking.

Hey, Noy, it's alright. You can drive your Porsche -- para saan pa ang daang matuwid kung wala ka namang Porsche, di ba? :-)

Noy: Manang, I bought this Porsche with my own personal money.
Don't make this an issue. Oh, btw, I am so sorry that we have to demolish your house.
Noy: Guys, I didn't buy a Porsche because I want to -- I need to.
You know, with all these pressing problems we are facing now,
I really have to workout my muscles from time to time --
weight loss supplements are not enough for me anymore.
Everyone, Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III, your president.

1 comment:

Angeli said...

na-high blood nga rin ako when i heard about his buying a porsche. like WHAT WAS HE THINKING!? yes, it was his money but at this time when fare rates are rising and people cannot afford anything anymore?

i was ranting about the same thing to one of my colleagues yesterday. she said, "lumalabas na naman ang pagka-UPian mo." like it was a bad thing. but there you are who wrote a post about it. hindi pala ako nag-iisa sa aking mga sentiments sa buhay. :)