24 January 2011

My province is in a different timezone

I wrote this post at around 9 o'clock in the evening in the province. I noticed that I was the only one still awake in then. I checked the clock and, as I said, it's just 9 pm. I told myself maybe the CPU clock, my cellfone, and our wall clock were all wrong. It can't be 9 pm, because it feels like it's midnight already!

So, I went out, and walk a few blocks and believe it or not, I saw no one even after a few minutes of leisurely walk. Wow. Maybe it's midnight indeed already, so, I texted a friend of mine and asked her what time it was already. And to mys surprise, it's really just 9 pm!

starry, starry night...

Wow. At around that time, when I'm in MM, I feel like my day's work is just about to end. And Mordsith is just on her way home from her school. But in my place in the province, we were like, 4 hours ahead of time, It's like we are GMT +12, or even +13!

This means if ladies are to attend some parties here, they have to wear their evening dresses as early as 4 pm, I guess. Hehehe. Kidding aside, I only realized this now. Really.

Or maybe, I only felt that way because it was a Sunday. I dunno. Oh well.

1 comment:

mordsith said...

and which place do you prefer? or timezone? hehe. =)