16 December 2010

Phobia, my shortfilm entry, won

I hope you guys won't take it against me, but I just have to talk about my shortfilm project again -- I won. :-) They announced it yesterday and I was so ecstatic when I saw the announcement. I mean, I am really not expecting that considering the rest of the finalists are very good and that I really have no background in film making.

If you want to watch the announcement, it's posted in Youtube as well as Pier Roxas's Web site.
My story is displayed in the TV screen on the lower right left corner above.
And I really have to admit that I liked how they filmed the announcement -- it's almost like a continuation of "Phobia". I liked how they put some minor details that will lead you to hypothesize on what's happening at the moment or what's going to happen next. I've got an N8 last time, you're wondering what the prize this time is? Nope, not some ultra high tech ekg machine or something, but some cash and bragging rights for myself to be used against "myself".

5 comments:

Angeli said...

congratulations, Paul! i knew you'd win! ang galing talaga! i'm so proud of you. :)

kg said...

congrats! galing mo! bagong career path eto! he he!

libre naman...o kaya cash na lang. OR regaluhan mo ako ng kindle! he he!

princess_dyanie said...

Huwaw!!! Congratulations!! :) Clap clap clap!! :)

Ida said...

Hi, congratulations! :)
Sorry, but I have to ask, I really didn't understand what went on in your film, though it was very suspenseful and the only one of the 8 finalists that didn't bore me. Still, I don't know what the story was about, would you mind giving an explanation?

Why did Pier erase his own memory (if that was in fact what he did) and what was he afraid of (hence, the phobia)? Who's the girl at the end?

onyxx said...

congrats! i'd been out of circulation for a few days so i only heard about this TPS.