25 April 2011

Pawn Stars!

Do you guys watch this show? It's a good one. The stars of the show are a family of pawnshop owners. They buy almost everything if the price is right -- from hand dryers to hot air balloons -- and then sell them for a profit after repairs and improvement, if needed.

Well, the overall idea of the show is for this family to buy low, and then sell high. Classic. It's really funny how they negotiate with sellers. They can negotiate an item from an initial selling offer of 3,500 USD, to a final price of 800 USD! Imagine that! Hehehe. And the interesting thing here is, they can sell the item (after they made some improvements) at a price of 5,000 USD. Whew! That was something, yeah?

I guess you need to have a strong and aggressive personality for you to succeed in this kind of business. While I envy them so much, I guess what they do is something I cannot do. I can't even ask a 10% discount from anyone who's trying to sell me anything! It's either I buy the item at the initial selling price, or I don't buy it at all. Hehehe. Poor me.

I guess it all boils down from the fact that I am afraid that the other party might think I am trying to "devalue" (?) the item being sold to me. Oh well.

1 comment:

sheng said...

I don't haggle din, napapagalitan ako ni Mister. Masama ang tingin lagi pag tumatawad ako or nakiki-negotiate ng sobra.