25 April 2011

My first post

Last night, as I was thinking of a topic to write on, just right before I almost made a post on how one can have an online marketing degree easily, I decided to check my very first post here in Blogger. It was Steve Jobs' famous commencement speech at Stanford University. I don't know how I found that speech, but I think I was looking for a program of study so I can make good use of my free time when I'm online.

Anyway, I remember the first time I listened to that speech via Youtube... I was teary eyed. Well, for some of you who knows me personally, you know that I am a hopeless romantic person... that I am really emotional.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

- Excerpt from the text of the commencement address by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, delivered on June 12, 2005.

No comments: