22 May 2012

Pagbabalik


A couple of former officemates are going back to our previous company... that super-secret BPO company. I can only assume they received a good offer from our former employer. I am happy for them.

Another former colleague asked me what would it take me to go back to my former work. I jokingly mentioned the following:
  • 200% increase in basic salary
  • freedom to wear whatever I want (i.e., dressdown always, basketball shorts and cargo pants included)
  • freedom to work wherever I want (telecommuting setup)
  • MBA, iPhone 4S, unlimited data plan, representation and communication allowance (perhaps stuffed animals dogs and other toys for the street kids in our place? :-) )
  • and annual increase in salary

I know the above list is actually not impossible for some people, but NOT from this former company of mine. Modesty aside, I was offered most of these perks a while back. But I only mentioned these because I wanted to say I have no interest in going back to work with them – not because it is them, but because I am contented with what I am doing now.

I was actually surprised with this realization. :-)

No comments: