29 May 2012

And the "Best Power Point Presentation Award" goes to...

Later today, at around 2pm, we will know for sure if there will be a job opportunity at the Supreme Court. For today, the fate of Chief Justice Renato C. Corona will be decided by 23 senators -- to acquit or to convict.

I have always told myself (and openly shared to others) that the impeachment trial, being a political process, is going to be a battle of numbers and not weighing of facts. I believed that the senators will cast their vote depending on their political affiliations.

Prof. Carlos of UP changed my mind. Or at least how I wanted to see things.

In an interview with Dos por Dos, she said this is indeed a political process. She argued however that politics should be seen not in simple terms. Politics is not decided based on hear-says, not on political favors, not on mere numbers. Politics is decided on a higher ground. Senators, she hopes (and I do, too!), should decide on their appreciation of facts. This is the only way we can move forward.

She's right.

And this afternoon, I hope our senators will vote on what they see is right. I'll be watching at home.

So, who do you think made the  most convincing Power Point presentation? :-D

---

In a not-so related  concern: Is JPE using a Sennheiser headphone?

1 comment:

Angeli said...

kasalukuyan kong sinusubaybayan ang coverage ng inquirer tungkol sa mga kaganapan sa trial. mas kumikiling ako sa botong 'guilty' pero tila katumbas nito ay ang pagkiling din sa mga naghahari sa 'matuwid na landas.' mali din yata?