11 May 2012

Better than camouflage

Camouflage is a method of concealment that allows otherwise visible animals, military vehicles, or other objects to remain unnoticed by blending with their environment. Examples include a leopard's spotted coat, the battledress of a modern soldier and a leaf-mimic butterfly. Camouflage is a form of visual deception...

The other day, I was waiting for my turn in a bank. It was a long line. The one in front of me looks like -- warning: stereotyping -- a homeless guy who looks like he doesn't care at all who's around him. He was carrying a plastic bag, which I first thought was just his packed lunch or something. When his turn came, he approached the teller and opened the plastic bag. It contained bundles of cash in 1,000's and 500's. If I have to guesstimate -- it's probably at least a million pesos. Holy effin' A!

The guy was 'wearing a camouflage' so effective you cannot see through him even if you have prescription glasses from GreatEyeglasses.com! I mean, he could be a serial killer and I wouldn't have a clue. He played with my pre-conceived notions of our society and it was way better than camouflage...

No comments: