26 March 2012

Question

Would you rather be a rockstar or Iron Man (yeah, that friggin' genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist)?

I don't know why I am asking this (and what triggered it) but this question took me away from chapter 3 of my current book (oh yeah, I have started reading non-fiction* once again, hehehe). So, I thought I'd give this one a shot.

I know some people would sacrifice everything just to spend a day or two with some rockstars. (Rockstars are like gods to some of their fans.) And I have to admit, there was a day or two when I really wanted to be a rockstar. I loved listening to Joe Satriani, Dreamtheater, Vertical Horizon, Massive Attack (only because of House), some Nirvana here, some GnR there... But those don't even come close to making me a rock music lover. I only love some of their tracks (and buy only discount cds of their albums), but detest the others (and even call them noise).

Paano ba 'to... Hmmm. I want to go back to my book now, so -- let's just say I am not fit to be a rockstar. Some things are not just meant to be.

That being said... hello, Iron Man!

(OK, back to my book.)

---

By the way, I loved fiction -- still do and always will. I'm just trying to save myself from the dangers of being too imaginative. You see, when I am on the other side of this universe (which happens when I read fictional stories), I tend to forget MY limitations... like, I forget that fairy dust and happy thoughts don't really work in this Universe.

1 comment:

Angeli said...

To spend a day or two with a rock star? I choose Bruce Springsteen. :)