24 March 2012

Phenomenon

Have you guys watched Travolta's Phenomenon? It's an old movie but I always watch it whenever it's on cable tv (no, I don't have a DVD or any copy of the movie.) By the way, I haven't watched the movie in it's entirety yet (either I watched it on the bus and it's time for me to get off before I finish it, or it has started already when I tuned in). Every time I watch it, I learn something new. Last time I watched it, a doctor (friend of Travolta) explained how Travolta tried to get close to the lead female character by buying the chairs that she sells in her store/stall (I don't know if they are recycled Adirondack chairs or just plain wooden chairs). The doctor said every person has a “chair” that you should try to “buy” if you want to be close to him/her. You might want to watch the whole thing to get what I mean. hehehe.

This time, it was about human experience. Travolta was talking to a scientist and he was telling him (the scientist) that they tend to get too involve with science in one hand, and technology on the other, and we tend to forget the most important things on why they do this, which is human experience. They get too involved with what they are doing and forget those that really matters.

There are a number of people I know who get too busy working that they forget this important fact: we don't live to work... it's the other way around. It's difficult to get away from that race. But we should try. A long vacation is coming soon. I hope all my friends will be able to enjoy this vacation fully. I know I will [try].

:-)

1 comment: