17 August 2012

Money can't buy happiness. (And then there was Nexus 7.)

I have been waiting for quite some time for Google's Nexus 7 to become available here in the Philippines. I don't want to buy tablet netbooks, so, I'd settle for this tablet for now. I am not a good writer/reviewer, so, I'll let the experts do this for you. This is a snippet from an Engadget review, one of the best sources of gadget reviews I know.
The Nexus 7 is an amazing package for something that costs a penny less than $200. It feels like something that could sell for much more. It has a great screen, solid performance and a clean, clear, uncluttered version of Google's latest operating system, Jelly Bean. 
...[W]hile we tend to prefer larger tablets that better differentiate themselves from phones, if you've been toying with the idea of getting a real Android slate but didn't want to spend big bucks for a big device, this is what you've been waiting for. This is the best Android tablet for less than $200 and the best budget 7-inch tablet on the market. For the moment. The race to the bottom in the tablet space is, after all, just getting started and, if the Nexus 7 is any indication of what's to come, we're in for a very good ride.
Oh, did I mention this gadget was developed by Google? :-P

Here she is. 

No comments: