07 August 2012

9/9

I went to Ministop just a while ago and I saw most of the cabinets/stalls empty of grocery items -- no tasty bread, no noodles, a few canned foods. I saw this already a couple of years back -- during the time of Ondoy. And that time, no simple stanchions can stop the people from panic-buying.

Some say this is almost an Ondoy, some say this is even worse. My mother says this is what we call siyam-siyam.
Siyam-siyam or (literally nine-nine) is a term used for the annual prolonged rains brought about by the southwest monsoon or habagat weather system in the western parts of the Philippines during the months of May to September. The siyam-siyam is said to have arrived when everything in the environment looks gray and misty, and the rain pours intermittently several times a day.
I hope everyone is safe.

Haring Araw, show your might...

No comments: