25 July 2012

The Newsroom

Now that House is over, I think I need to find another fix. And I think I found it. :-)

The Newsroom is an American drama television series created and primarily written by Aaron Sorkin that premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. The series chronicles the behind-the-scenes events [how the cable covers news, etc.] at the fictional Atlantis Cable News (ACN) channel. It features an ensemble cast including Jeff Daniels as anchor Will McAvoy, who, together with his staff set out to put on a news show "in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements.

- Source
 At 5 episodes as of Season 1, I am already sure I am going to wait for Season 2 (yes, HBO ordered another season) and probably buy original DVDs. I like this series so much that I even downloaded the movie they were discussing in one of the episodes!

Patiently waiting for episode 6... :-)

___

And oh, not that it's a big deal, Olivia Munn plays a commentator with a Ph.D. in economics. Oh my...

2 comments:

Angeli said...

and i thought sloan would be fired. she's my favorite character: the 'victoria's secret' brainy economist who can speak nihongo. saan ka pa? :)

ikaw, who's your favorite character in the newsroom?

eks said...

sabi ko nga sa isang 'status update' ko, "thanks for playing, jessica and solenn. hello, olivia!"

hehehe. 2 PhDs in ecnomics! and she has the 'legs', sabi nga ni kenzie. whew!