20 March 2011

What is your dream job?

At first I dreamed of a job that it will "require" travels here and abroad, but then, I don't think I'm that good. I guess jobs like that are reserved for really brilliant people. Or really lucky people. Or both, just like my friend who's employed by an international organization. His job requires so much travels that one day we we're just having a bottle of beer outside our unit, and the next day, he would text you he's in Egypt. Oh, and he travels business class. Lucky b! :-D

So, I have accepted a more realistic dream -- and that is, to have a work where I'll spend my weekdays (work week) in my home province... a laid back place where the air is fresh, where vegetables can be planted and harvested just within your backyard (and a place where kids don't pay for commercial playground equipment). And then if I need to relax or unwind, go to urban centers like Metro Manila. Or New York (oh, yeah, something like that). A former colleague of mine quit her job in Manila and accepted a job offer in her home province. She's so happy with her decision. And so am I (with her decision).

So, what am I trying to say? I just want to say, I think I am almost there. Well, I am already in that situation (second paragraph, not the first). I just need to make this stable, and hopefully before the year ends, I'd get to travel Brazil* with my bro. Hahaha.

A couple of days here, and I'm OK with my Brazil vacation.


Sarap mangarap. :-)

*No visa needed. FYI.

6 comments:

sheng said...

I honestly want a job like your friend's job, but I am not that lucky. I don't even have a regular job yet, but this one in the govt is good already, i am just hoping for a regular post. However, if I don't get a regular post by the end of this year or early next year, I may have to concentrate on what we do, write.

I still believe there's more money in this, eks.

Angeli said...

brazil, wow. :)

i'm so happy for you. :)

Ar-Ar Malalis said...

I hate traveling.. so if someone will ask me to work for them and all I gotta do is to go where they'd ask me to (and travel in first class) I'd simply say no! lol

And Oh.to me,Brazil only happens in Mafia Wars. More like it there. :D

Iskang Sabaw said...

Brazil for the win! Paulo Coelho *giggles* That's sweet, I wanna visit Brazil but I'm damn broke.

jeanny said...

hi...bloghopping.

I wanted to go to brazil too. sino ba hindi. :)

Dream job, hmmm. I love my work right now but I wanted to do the same work somewhere downunder. :-)

Have a great day!

Design Elements said...

did you read the Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss? It's a great book and it is helpful to find a dream job :-) lovely greetings

p.s.: Hope you see Brazil soon