07 March 2011

Maling Akala

One of the reasons I chose Globe for our phone and Internet service provider is its free (or so I thought) unlimited calls to all Globe telephones regardless of area coverage. I really thought that when their advertisement said free unlimited Globe-to-Globe calls, it already considered the fact that you really don't have to advertise it as free if it's within the same area. I mean, why would you even brag about free unlimited calls if you are just calling someone from the next town or city, right?

I called their hotline just a while ago and I found out that I was wrong. I felt really stupid actually. But at the same time, I felt like a victim of false advertising. As it turned out, they have to advertise the free unlimited same network calls, because if I call someone who is using another network, even if that someone is just in the next office from ours, they would charge us with long distance rates. Connectivity issues daw. Haist!

And just a few days ago, I thought the least of my financial worries would be replenishing office supplies regularly; now, I cannot just call Aling Virgie to deliver purified water to our office as it would be charged long distance. Tsk tsk tsk.

Makes me really want to shout, Google is the best company in the universe!!!

6 comments:

sheng said...

Marami ang namamatay sa maling akala! LOL, eks!

Ar-Ar Malalis said...

Ilang beses na rin ako tumawag sa CS ng globe at ang laging sagot sa akin "im sorry mam but we only have limited information regarding that..." WTF.

TPS said...

Sabih mo kasi ke Aling Virgie, mag-Skype na sya.

Eks said...

@sheng: madami ding nabubuong bagong buhay dahil sa maling akala (like, akala ko "safe" ako nun...). :-D

@Ar-Ar: sinabi mo pa!

@TPS: she gave me her Twitter account. DM ko na lang daw siya.

mordsith said...

whattt????? yun din sabi nila sa akin. sabi nung ahente, basta globe to globe libre!

Anonymous said...

nagka issues din ako with globe pero naiayos ko na. sigh, sigh talaga ano?