07 June 2012

Free SMS from Google's Gmail


Do you know that you can call any number (landline or cellfone) in US or Canada using Gmail for free? I'm not sure but I think they started to offer this a couple of years ago. They have extended the same offer now. Isn't that cool?

I don't know if you have tried it already but they are also free text messages or SMS to cellphones here in the Philippines. It is limited for now to 50 messages, and they have a standing offer with telcos to open up their network to Google. Also, while they only offer 50 free messages initially, they said it can be replineshed once anyone you texted replies to you.

That's just so cool.

I still haven't heard of Apple giving away ihome ipod speakers for free... and until then, for me, Google is the best!

No comments: