28 April 2009

For "Patricia"

...whoever you are.

First off, the Patricia story: Believe it or not, someone e-mailed and asked me why I was not updating my blog. She (Patricia is a she, right?) missed me daw (and I quote: "I miss you… please update your blog soon"). Alright, I know "she" is just someone "something-ing" me, but in any case, here's an update. And sorry, this is not even remotely relevant to whatever significant is happening around us -- swine flu is here, Wall Street news here, J-Lo(zada) here, other news here, and this page? This page is about my favorite TV series. Hehehe.

Oh, and Patricia, if you are reading this, you may call me anytime here: (02)531-9001.
I mentioned a while back (in my Silver Screen Favorites post ) that I'll be will be posting my favorite TV series later. Well, this is it.

House MD

This is the best TV series. Ever. While some people claim that the story line is very predictable, well… actually they are, in a way, right. :-) When you are traveling, there are instances during the length of your travel wherein you know at some point, there is going to be a stopover – this stopover could be a new expressway entry point, or exit; this could be a stopover for the bus to refuel, or for the passengers to attend to their natural needs, i.e., bathroom breaks, refreshments, etc.; or some other things. If you are a regular House fan, you know that somewhere in the story line, something will happen – House will present an absurd theory/diagnosis, an unusual symptom or symptoms will present itself, House will have an epiphany, etc. But you do not know, you will never know, what it is. And every time something like that happens, you will just say “Whoa!,” “No way!,” or “That SOB is brilliant!”

Anyway, House MD is my number 1.

24



We are all aware that we are having some problems with Moro rebellion down south. If only we could ask Jack Bauer to help us… The series is airing its 7th season at CS every Tuesday, 10PM, I think. This is the only reason why I make it a point to be at home by 9PM or earlier every Tuesday. Below are some awesome trivia about Jack Bauer (I posted these at my i.PH blog before, please feel free to visit it if you like the list below).
  1. Jack Bauer can unscramble an egg.
  2. Jack Bauer was not born; he forced his way out of his mother’s womb.
  3. Jack Bauer once stepped into quicksand; the quicksand couldn’t escape and nearly drowned.
  4. If Jack Bauer had been a Spartan the movie would have been called "1".
  5. When a convicted terrorist was sentenced to face Jack Bauer, he appealed to have the sentence reduced to death.

How I Met Your Mother

I started watching this series just a month ago. And d#mn, this is so funny! This is one of the best TV series that I really liked. Do you remember Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser? That brilliant, genius young doctor? Well, he plays the character of Barney Stinson here. He is a corporate something (he never tells) who is so awesome. (Whenever he feels depressed, he stops feeling that way and be awesome instead. True story.) Well he is not the lead character here, it’s actually Ted Mosby, a 30-ish bachelor and architect. Barney is Ted’s “wingman.” Barney is an authority on awesomeness and the Bro Code. Yeah, there exists such a code.

Prison Break


This is one of the series that can possibly cause cardiac arrest to those with weak hearts. My sister almost experienced a heart attack because the CD she bought, a pirated one, lacks the last two episodes of the season! The story is a thriller! When you thought the plan is almost a success, you’ll find out they missed something in their plan/execution! And when you thought their plan is busted, you’ll realize everything is going on according to plan. Wicked!

Season 4 is airing in the local channel (CS 9). I am not sure though if they can still stretch the story line farther. But who knows, right? I didn’t know a season 7 is still possible in 24. :-)

Heroes


Now, Heroes is one of those TV series that you are not really excited to watch regularly… well, at least for me. But what I like about this series is the intriguing plot that it presents, the very complicated storyline, you know, the many what ifs, the ifs and thens, and the discussion that will transpire between you and other followers of the story.

Others

Some other TV series that I follow (and recommend that you consider watching over the weekend perhaps) are the following: Chuck, Burn Notice, Jericho, CSI: San Francisco, and CSI: Boston.

Good night!

10 comments:

Kayni said...

you're so lucky you have a "patricia." good list. i'm a fan of House too, but have not been following it these days.

kg said...

eks, I LOOOOVE house! super! right now, I'm into Chuck. he! he!

Angeli said...

you are so funny. tawa ako ng tawa sa sinulat mo. :)

Rico said...

Dude ingat: Patricio sa umaga, Patricia sa gabi. :)
Anyway, we're watching those shows too. We took a break from watching House because I feel like I'm having an aneurysm when it's just a simple headache.
Neil Patrick Harris is very funny in How I Met Your Mother. I like how he always says "suit up!"

mordsith said...

House-check, 24-check, heroes-undecided, prison break-(error sound), csi: SF-check!

kaka said...

may season 7 ang 24? wow season 2 pa lang kame ni papaA, na-hook na kame. grabe, 24 is also my number 1so far :)

eks said...

kayni, i'm sure "my patricia" does not exist in real life. hehehe. but i thanked her nonetheless for encouraging me to update this blog.

kg! chuck is also awesome. kaso, i was not able to watch all episodes. i'm not sure but i think it's because they (CS9) started showing the first episode of the season again. kainis!

angeli, wala pang effort yan. kidding. hey, thank you, nakakapagpatawa pala ako kahit papaano sa mga nakakabasa dito.

corics! pareho tayo! parang i can always think of a serious disease and/or disorder for every super simple things na nararamdaman ko.

mordsith, prison break?!?!?!?!

kaka, yeah, umabot ngseason 7. ganda!

lam mo bang namatay nga si ---- sa season 3? hehehe. joke.

onyxx said...

i promised myself that i would only watch 24 (ssn 7) as soon as all episodes are in, para di bitin...

re: how i met your mother, TPS promised she'd lend me downloaded copy of this series soon. it looks promising.

ahem, amy die-hard fan ka na Eks heheh

Anonymous said...

Hi Eks! Di ako si Patricia ha...I only get called by that name by my mom when I am about to get a scolding, hehe.
I've missed all the series you've mentioned so far. Our TV is tuned in to Disney channel. Looks like it will stay that way for a million years.

zarine said...

aminin ko na, ako si Patricia! he he he.

I love House! I'm kinda rooting for Huddy, he he he

I've been watching HIMYM kasi fave ng sis ko. Very funny but its no F.R.I.E.N.D.S. The last one kaya ko ulit-ulitin and it can still make me laugh
Hi, eks! :-)