28 February 2009

Silver Screen Favorites

Yup, you guessed it right: This post is about movies. Hehehe. When I read about Sheng's post re her favorite movies, I told myself that the same topic would be my next subject. And I am going to talk about them. Right. Now.

I have a Top 3 Movie of All Time. And I even used this as a gauge that will measure if I'd enjoy the company of another person. Hehehe. This doesn't fail me yet. ;-)

My Top 3 Movies in no particular order:

Finding Forrester

I still remember the exact day -- and the circumstances surrounding it -- when I first watched this movie. It was a dull Tuesday afternoon, and I have an STS class (5.30-700pm). I decided I'd skip class as soon as I signed the attendance sheet. (Everyone does that anyway.) So, after signing the sheet, I took an Ikot and headed home. But when I was about to pass by the UP Film Center, I saw a poster somewhere there that Finding Forrester will be shown that day. I alighted the jeep, and bought a ticket. Wow. That was really a nice movie! After that, Finding Forrester has been part of my Christmas wish list, until I got it from an officemate (from a top secret BPO company) last 2003. It was from a trainee from a batch older than mine.

The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time.

You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!

Good Will Hunting

This one... I first watched this from a VHS tape from my sister. She thought we might like the movie so she borrowed this from her classmate. And indeed, I instantly connected with the character. (Hahaha, feeling genius!!!) I loved this movie soooo much that I never wanted to buy my own copy -- I wanted it given to me by someone else. I received my copy from a friend. (Which reminds me that that copy is with an ex-officemate!)

You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other

Sean, if the Professor calls about that job, just tell him, "sorry, I have to go see about a girl."

A Beautiful Mind

Courtesy of Mareng Winnie Monsod, the economist. We were discussing the Nash Equilibrium in one of of her lectures. I got so interested in the theory that I decided to do further research about it. Then, I found out about the movie. So, I asked my brother to watch the movie with me (at the UP Annex, aka SM North EDSA), and wow. That was the first movie that I watched where people (us included) actually stood up after the movie and clapped. Wow.

There has to be a mathematical explanation for how bad that tie is.

What truly is logic? Who decides reason? My quest has taken me to the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional, and back. I have made the most important discovery of my career - the most important discovery of my life. It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reason can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. [Nash looking at and speaking to wife Alicia].You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons.

Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.

I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex.

But of course, even if I have a Top 3 already, I also have a Top 10, hehehe. So, it's the above-mentioned 3 movies PLUS these:

Kite Runner, Shawshank Redemption

Dead Poets Society, In Pursuit of Happyness

For the next movies, I count each batch as 1. Madaya! :-)

Crimson Tide, A Few Good Men, Men of Honor

Braveheart, Gladiator, The Patriot

Before Sunset, Jerry Maguire, Meet Joe Black

There. These are movies I won't mind watching over and over again.

---
Next time, I might make a post on TV Series.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes eks, of course, Meet Joe Black, Jerry Maguire "You complete me..."

I love Goodwill Hunting too, A Few Good Men, The Pursuit of Happyness.

i have received comments commending Shawshank Redemption, I guess I need to find a DVD of this movie, and that must be NOW.

Thanks for doing this eks. Although this is not a tag, but i am glad to have known you more because of the type of movies you love watching.

Anonymous said...

H bloghopped from Sheng. Great movies. I love everything lalo na and meet joe black. I so love brad pitt :)

Kayni said...

i love braveheart and shawshank redemption. it's good they're now showing those on tnt these days.

nice new home.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen any from your top 3. I'm taking note of these. I saw all those Gibson's flick. Really classic. I liked Dead Poets Society, too. These movie related posts are giving me the idea which to queue next. I have the DVD of Before Sunset. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

nako naman! yung DPS lang ang napanood ko sa lahat ng choices mo. hindi kasi ako talaga movie buff. pero minsan nahahawa din ako ni my man paunti-unti.

Anonymous said...

i liked 11 of your movies, too!

yeah, i wont tire watching these films again and again and again!

Anonymous said...

so many movies...we are lucky ano? lucky to be alive! he! he!

Anonymous said...

Great list bro!
You should have these movies in DVD. We bought Shawshank in dibidi. Tapos, near the end, nag-skip, sobrang nakakabwisit, hindi tuloy natapos yung movie. Basta fave mo movie, get the real copy.

Anonymous said...

Meet Joe Black is in my top 3!

I've watched (and like) much of those movies you mentioned. :)

Anonymous said...

guys,
thank you. seems like we have so many things in common, even if i haven't seen some of you uet. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

good choices ... character-driven movies about nonconformists with socially redeeming values :)

Anonymous said...

The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time...
hehehe!
hello eks!

Anonymous said...

onyxx, yeah. agree with you 101%... down to the smiley.

uy, grachie. you are here. :-) this is so unexpected! nyahaha!