03 May 2009

The British Monarchy to Confer Knighthood to Pacquiao

Not! But hey, would you actually be surprised if Pacquiao, in addition to his honoris causas, became a knight? Hehehe. Picture this out:

Sir Manny "Pacman" Pacquaio, PhD

Pacquiao won over Hatton in just two rounds. TKO! I didn't expect that. Honestly, I actually doubted if Pacquaio would win... at least during the first 30 seconds. I have no idea how Hatton fights and when I saw him clinging on to Pacquiao (using his left hand to cling to Pacquiao, and his right hand to punch him -- what?!?!), I thought it would irritate Pacquaio, and might cause him to lose this game. But in a few seconds after that, I was convinced: Pacquiao owns Hatton.



Had Pacquiao been alive during the 16th century, I doubt if the Spaniards would have the balls to conquer us.


I lost a bet to a friend of mine 'coz I sided with Hatton. But not because I want Hatton. Nagsigurado lang: Had Hatton won, well, I would have mourned the defeat of a Filipino athlete, but at least I won a bet (Starbucks coffee and cheesecake); but since Pacquiao won, I lost a bet but I have never been so proud of Pacquiao's victory before.

Congratulations, Manny "Pacman" Pacquaio!

10 comments:

witsandnuts said...

I'm not his fan but I must admit that I'm so proud of him this time. I thought he'd lose this one.

"Had Pacquiao been alive during the 16th century, I doubt if the Spaniards would have the balls to conquer us." - Hahaha! It makes sense. =)

sheng said...

I have admitted it way before, i'm no big Manny Pacquiao fan, even if he is my kababayan, he has brought a lot of honor to Gensan, but my irritation as to his popularity doubled when he went nuts and ran for public office. As you may notice, now, there's no longer "from General Santos City..." but it's already from "Sarangani Province..." yes. that's the place he's been eyeing for congress after that he lost to Antonino here in Gensan. Pacman, you're for the boxing arena and not in the political arena.

Kayni said...

i was worried about this fight. i didn't watch, but too happy to know that he won. my parents even attended a pacquio party in hawaii. i bet they had fun.

onyxx said...

i can't believe you bet against pacquiao heheheh... i did have doubts though, but roach seemed so sure of himself when he boasted about pacman's capacity to floor hatton in 3 rounds.

pacman -- as Sir Manny Pacquiao? whoahh! that'll be the day :D

Rico said...

Galing nya talaga. Kami din sa hous hindi makapaniwala kahapon.

Anonymous said...

it was so cool no! nakakatuwa talaga. pero mas nakakatuwa yang picture mo ng hitman LOL

Anonymous said...

it was so cool no! nakakatuwa talaga. pero mas nakakatuwa yang picture mo ng hitman LOL

Angeli said...

eh di ba nga, he is going to run for congressman (or governor)? so tuloy tuloy na yun hanggang pagiging president, which, in this country, is tantamount to--or even much better than--any graduate degree or knighthood. :)

Calv said...

hehe ako rin kala ko talo. wala pa lang sinabi si hatton. impressive pa man din ng record nya.

mordsith said...

not a big fan of pacman, but that briton needed a lesson. :)