15 January 2009

Red Fox WizBOOK: My Sister’s New Laptop

So, she bought a new laptop/notebook yesterday — a black Red Fox WizBOOK. It is so bbbbeautiful! It’s not a kick-ass laptop like the Ferrari of Acer (?) or that very thin laptop from Apple but I can see it’s far better in appearance and specs than my company-issued Dell before. See the specs:
  • 1.6 GHz, Intel ATOM
  • 80 Gig HD memory
  • 1 Gig RAM
  • Wifi ready
  • and the usual stuff you receive from a not-so high-end laptop.
Available in black, white, and red/black 'combo'
Red Fox WizBOOK: Available in black, white, and red/black 'combo'
The only (temporary) setback is that its OS is Linux, something we are all not so familiar at. I have a very little familiarity with it but not enough for me to be brave enough to meddle with its configurations (but I’m doing it anyway, hehehe). I might reformat it to Windows XP, though.
My sister wants to have a new laptop for a few reasons:
  • I have a lot of writing/editing gigs and I cannot handle them anymore, so, I am giving a portion of this work to her.
  • She wants to make a blog because she wants to have an online portfolio which she wants to use, well, for whatever reasons she may deem necessary. (I told her to apply to commercial paying Web sites for extra income.)
  • She has some extra work from her regular job and she wants to maximize her time by working on them even if she’s not in the office.
And because our router is the wired one, we had to buy a long LAN cable for her, hehehe. We have to PCs at home already and the space is not enough for another table, so, the LAN cable network extends to anyplace in the house, much like a wireless connection. Nyahaha!

I originally intended to buy one on my own, but I think I’ll have to postpone that. I’ll just upgrade my desktop here in the meantime.

No comments: