10 January 2009

Blogging Can Buy You a House

When I first saw an article about their income from Google Adsense, I told myself I am going to make a very interesting blog that will allow me to buy at least a new cellphone. The story was so awesome that I really ‘planned’ to write a lot of interesting stuff that will help me get enough traffic, then, eventually, to income from affiliate marketing, Google Adsense, etc. I haven’t buy a thing yet. In fact, I haven’t earn anything yet from blogging. When I got my first two assignments (one on a shopping site and another on accessories for men), I respectfully declined them. My reason? I am so much concerned about ‘tainting’ my other blog with paid reviews and sponsored blogs. Deym. I shouldn’t have done that. Because had I started paid blogging this 2008, I might have bought something.. a gadget for myself from passive income. Hayyy…

Anyway, I will start accepting paid reviews this 2009, courtesy of two things:
  • the global financial crisis — my stock portfolio has been badly hit and I think I need to cover this loses through other income (and I need to be ready for the next bull run, hehehe)
  • and this article which narrated how the blogger got his house through blogging (the blogger is the administrator of PinoyMoneyTalk, a very interesting website/forum on online investing and other stuff)
Right now, I have 4 assignments due in 6 days. The reviews are not really that difficult. I am hoping this will give me the extra income I am looking for this 2009.

PS: I have a personal website where passive income is not a part. It is mostly for my ‘mind’s liberation.’ Collee graduation has its negative impacts, with mental stagnation being a primary concern.

I hope to write something like “Blogging Got me a New Condo” someday.

No comments: