11 January 2013

the piano

here's another one of my old posts from my other site.

I used to play the piano. For two years. I stopped playing when my music teacher stopped coming over to our house. The truth is I was just forced to study the piano (at that time, I wanted to enroll to Taekwondo classes). At times, I even pretended to sleep until noon or just until my music teacher leaves the house.

My teacher said I learned fast. I easily learned reading the notes, and I could memorize a piece faster than my classmate-cousins could. The thing is I forgot to play the piano as fast as I learned it. And now, this is my regret.

I failed to see then how wonderful it is to know how to play a musical instrument. How good it is to produce music. Especially that I can’t sing, perhaps playing the piano was as close to music as I could be (aside from listening, of course), considering that I am proclaiming myself as a lover of music. Now, there are different kinds of instruments, a modern twist to the classic ones (like the minimoog at Musician's Friend), and I could only wish I know how to play again. Talaga naman. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi.


--mordsith

No comments: