04 January 2012

Someone like you (Adele)

Have you heard that song before? I liked it the very first time I heard it. Yesterday, while I was humming the song, my sister heard me and told me she saw a part of that lyrics posted in someone's wall. When I asked what the lyrics was, she said it was something like,

Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.

Curioused, I search the whole lyrics and it was only then that I realized that the song is pure of heavy emotions... a bit on the negative side (and of course this is an understatement). Here's the first few paragraphs of the song:


I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I begged
I remember you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead

Here's a Youtube link of the song.

And why am I making a post like this? Well, it's one of those days that I really, really need to make a post but can't think of a decent one. No, I am not saving for Sferra products -- I'm saving for an iDevice. Hehehe. So, sorry.. :-)

No comments: