20 January 2012

Money cannot buy happiness

We have heard not just once, not just twice or twice, that money cannot buy happiness. Maybe. Maybe not. I tried to make an "experiment" and see if this is true to myself. My experiment, I list down some things that I've got (and wish I have) and tried to remember if those things made me (will make me) happy/happier. And not surprisingly, my happiness level increases as the monetary value of the thing I received increases. With that, I formulated this happiness formula:

H = f (M);
where H = happiness and M = money.

Oh, I am sure some of you are saying to yourself: "I am so d*mn lucky I am not as misguided as this poor, stupid Eks." Noted. Hehehe. But when I got to Others*, something I am wishing and praying for so badly, the happiness level is actually a perfect 10! But note that this Others* has no monetary value at all!

*Others -- This is where my formula crashed!
I guess it is true, at least in my case, that money sometimes can buy happiness, but the a Perfect 10 Happiness level is something it cannot buy. With that, I am leaving you with my revised formula:

H = f (M) and H < 10;
where H = happiness, M = money.

PS
1. Math Nazis will be killed.
2. "Wow, wala kang magawa, Eks?!"

PPS
I remember receiving some eddie bauer coupons before and I guess that would be somewhere in level 4-5.

1 comment:

sheng said...

Bored ka, eks? Hehehe... Happy Sunday!