04 February 2011

Ever sent an email late at night, then, regretted it the next morning?*

It happened to me not just once. Probably twice. The most embarrassing was when I sent an e-mail to a U.S. client of ours at around 3 in the morning. I was so sleepy then... so tired. As far as I can remember, I was drafting an e-mail to this client, and then, all of a sudden, I woke up and found out that I already sent the e-mail.

I quickly checked the sent folder and saw a very embarrassing line in that e-mail. I think it said:

Uy, tara, kape naman tayo, antok na antok na ako!

The e-mail was addressed to the client, and CC'd therein are my bosses both in the Philippines and those based in the US. (It's a good thing, I guess, I wrote in the vernacular. Imagine the embarrassment had I said, "Hey, can you tell me where the the most affordable flower delivery in Los Angeles is? I need to send some flowers for my mom." Argh!)

But now, I am hoping it won't happen again. Check this out:

Buti na lang di kelangan ng SOH-CAH-TOA dito. :-)

This is an application from Google Labs. You have to enable it in your e-mail setting. You cannot send an e-mail without answering these simple problems first within 1 minute. You can actually schedule this "check" anytime or any day. For example: Perform this check  from 11PM to 6AM of any given day, which means, you cannot send an e-mail during that period without answering the problems first. The idea is that, if you are soooo sleepy and tired, the above simple problems may not be as easy as you think they are. This means that chances are, if you are so sleepy and tired during that time, and cannot even think and answer simple problems, you might want to reconsider sending any mail without reviewing them when you are wide awake. Make sense to me. Hehehe. But just for fun, I scheduled this application to run always. :-)

Google \m/ !!!

*Whew! Haba! Hehehe.

3 comments:

Kayni said...

this is a great idea. i have my work e-mail ask me several questions befor i send out an e-mail.

kg said...

di ko kailangan yan eks [crossing my fingers]...wala naman ako ini-email! he he!

mordsith said...

hay naku. baka di na ko maka-send ng email niyan ever. hehe.