12 February 2011

Day 18: Mubarak resigns

I was closely watching the news since day 1 of the mass protests because this is Egypt. You know, the cradle of civilization, the place where modern technology was practiced even before there was a meaning to the word 'modern' and 'technology' (I wouldn't be surprised if someone says Egyptians actually invented diet pills!), the place where plagues were released by someone simply raising his walking stick, the place where aliens once ruled us (hehehe).

We all know these wonders were created by aliens, right? Proof?
Watch AVP and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
When I first heard about Egypt's civil unrest, I got too hooked with the story. Images of pharoahs, plagues, bloody river, and mummies, of course, flash into my mind. I was kinda fearing and expecting in fact someone would rise up from the crowd to lead them not out of Egypt but into government hallways. Good thing it was really peaceful. Well, there were some casualties, looting, and tensions, but considering it happened in 18 days, I think it was generally peaceful.

The question now is, how will the military run the country? How will they run their new government after 30 years of authoritarian rule? Our country experienced multiple coups after Marcos. I just hope this won't happen to Egypt. Why? Because Egypt is so special. See paragraph 1. Hehehe.

Goodluck, Egypt. You survived the plagues and the aliens... You'll survive this new development.

(Pero wala pa din kayong sinabi sa EDSA 1 namin. Hehehe.)

3 comments:

mordsith said...

i hope they get a better successor than the one some 9 years ago. maybe an alien will do? what do you think? =)

eks said...

or homer simpson. maganda mga ideya niya. unfortunately in our case, that one some 9 years ago was the best legitimate alternate during that time. we're just bad at this. isipin mo naman, almost a decade after and we were only able to come up with noynoy as an alternative. :-)

zarine said...

we're really bad at this, no? Noynoy has been disappointing, but I wonder if someone else could've done better by this time in the term. But I really don't need to read or hear about his lovelife (or me political implications ba yun?). If I want that kind of tsismis, I'll just go to my Facebook page