10 July 2011

...and she accepted the challenge!

I had an interesting chat with an old friend yesterday. She's a headhunter based in Makati. She was very curious why I did not pursue one and rejected another job offer that she arranged herself for me. They both have decent offers -- so she says. So, she was wondering how rich I am right now (I wish!!!) because I have that conviction to stay self-employed here in the province instead of working back again in Manila.

Of course it's not true; I am not rich (yet! hehehe). With the work I have now, I can say I am just OK -- nothing more, nothing less (actually, it's more "nothing more" than "nothing less").

So, she asked me: What will it take me to accept a job offer back in Manila?

I replied:

1. They have to offer me a just and fair salary (negotiable).
2. They have to promise I'll end my working day watching the sunset. Everyday.
3. They have to provide me with an environment of fresh air all the time.
4. And they need to give me a walking-distance-from-home workplace (so I won't have to buy fat burners anymore).

Items 2-4 are non-negotiable.


Aba! She replied: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

:-D

5 comments:

Kayni said...

I hope you'll find that job :). What if she comes through with such a job? Will you move back to the city?

eks said...

kayni... i am happy where i am right now. even contented. :-) but if such an offer knocks on my door, honestly, i have no idea what i will do. :-)

sabi nga ni erap: "let's burn the bridge when we get there." :-D

TPS said...

Alam mo, ginamit ko yang "Let's burn the bridge when we get there" sa boss ko dati, aba, ni-correct talaga ako! Hehehehehe. Dahil kaya very Pinoy ang humor?

eks said...

i think you're right -- it's probably too pinoy. :-) naiimagine ko na lang nung kono-correct ka. siguro ang hirap i-explain na joke lang yun? hehehe.

jonwilson said...

Good luck in finding the perfect job for you. Makati is a wonderful place, terrible rush hour traffic notwithstanding.

apartment for rent makati