01 May 2011

Pancit canton will do

In a reent post, I told KG that men by nature are simple and less complicated than what women try to think of us. I mentioned that when you are having a hard time finding gifts for men, it's not really the men that make the situation complicated and that we can accept and be very appreciative of whatever gifts we'd receive. It's the women who think we are complicated that makes the situation complicated, i.e., women would still think of this and that, whether we'd like the gift or not, whether we'd use it or not, when all we want is the gesture itself.

If anyone would ask me what I want this Christmas, I'd probably say, world peace or Solenn Heussaff. While the latter sounds straight-forward, it appears that this wishlist is complicated. But no, the truth is, I only said those because I don't want to say that I don't really care what I receive this Christmas, but anything (really) will do -- a RC helicopter, a pair of jeans, a (fake) Swiss knife, an iPad, a newspaper subscription. Really, anything will do. I'd even smile and thank you with all my heart if you did not buy me anything and just wrote a poem for me. The most important thing is... you remembered.

There are more than 6 billion people in the planet. More than half of the people we know probably works 9 to 10 hours or more a day, 5 or 6 days a week. These people we know are not loners (hehehe) and they probably know some other people in addition to us. Most if not all of them interact with other people every minute or at the very least, every hour. When someone remembers us, someone thinks of us, someone bothers to look for a gift for us, isn't that more than enoough? or close to more than just enough? For me it is.

For this coming Mothers Day flowers free delivery is probably what I'll be searching on the net. Because again, for me, it all boils down to remembering the event, the person.

After I re-read this post, I realized: oh my... I am so simple-minded. I should start re-reading some novels and books that will reactivate my creativity and imagination. Hehehe.

1 comment:

mordsith said...

I think you haven't met most men. LOL. =p