16 February 2012

No, I can't

I have an unlimited data plan with my Android phone. So, if I need to e-mail anyone, write an article for this blog (and others), check my Facebook account, I can do that on my bed as soon as I am awake. Posting an article in this blog is as easy as writing an e-mail (subject = title; e-mail body = article content) and sending it to a secret blogger address.

It's that easy.

It's been a new year's resolution of mine for ages to write a decent article (or make a blog post) everyday so my writing skills will improve. Hopefully. But I can't.

I also want to lose weight (and have a spankin' six-pack abs!) by doing some crunches and brisk walking everyday. I do not need anything to do that -- no gym equipment, no large stadium, no running tracks, no nothing. I probably need to choose the food I'll eat -- I won't have to starve to death, just choose the right food. But I can't*.

I also want to be mentally productive by reading at least a chapter of some books (still unopened in my cabinet!) everyday. I have at least 10 unopened/unread books at home and definitely so much more in my Aldiko/Kindle reader (Thanks, Android!). Still, I can't.

[Loyal reader(s): You probably are thinking I will be promising something cool today, huh? :-) Here you go.]

I had an epiphany last night: There are just some things you cannot do.

Problem solved. :-)

_____
*Oh yeah, I am that  lazy you would have to drag me with an SUV's curt hitch if you want me to jog or run. D@#n!

3 comments:

Angeli said...

i can sympathize with you and say, 'oh, those things are really difficult to accomplish. don't stress yourself about it." or i can say, "stop wishing and start doing." either way, malamang hindi rin makatulong sa iyo diba?

tara, magkape na nga tayo. hahaha

eks said...

hehehe. hindi nga. bandang huli ako din yun. wahahaha.

tara, kape na nga lang tayo. papasyal ako sa kapatagan sometime next week. pasyalan ko si mado. kape tayo nun! :-)

sheng said...

Well, what can I say, procrastination is hitting you like hell. And so it does with me, I have a number of things I need to do, yet, I can't. What the heck is ever wrong with following my dreams? Hmmmm...