27 February 2012

Android vs Life: Round 1

Ever done something in your phone and then later on realized it would be one of the most stupid things you'd ever do in your life? (Sending your crush in Evanston flowers for her birthday is not a stupid thing to do... so, no, not that one.) Well, I'm guilty of that and I want to share with you my story. And how I was able to solve it. ;-)

A few days ago, I made some modification in my Android phone. This modification is supposed to make my phone a lot better. (Or so I thought.) But after the procedure, my phone acted differently. It stopped responding to the most basic commands. The HOME button -- a very, very crucial part of the phone -- ceased to do what it is supposed to do. Other applications either hang up or take a veeeery long time to respond. After a while, the only thing I could do with my phone is turn it ON, then OFF.

I thought of having it reformatted but I cannot make a backup of all the pictures and music I have in it. And I don't want to lose them just like that. My phone was almost... useless. I loved this phone -- and everything in it -- so much. For a few days, that phone became just a paper weight. I searched the net for possible solutions, and whola! I saw a procedure where I can hard reset the phone without deleting the stored media in it.

And this is how I did it:

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Galaxy S. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

And there! After that, my phone is back to normal. The media files (pictures as well as my favorite songs) are still there. The phone's system is fresh as "new". Everything is now back to normal. :-)

---

Android - 1
Life - 0

No comments: