30 November 2010

It's in the blood (walang kokontra)

I am in an industry (publishing/typesetting) where automation plays a very significant role. But ironically, it's core process, editing, is something that really can't be automated. Well, only to a certain extent, I guess. But when I challenged my brother to write a software/code that can help me with basic tasks, I actually did not think he would be able to come up with something. Yesterday, he showed me his first version of a yet-to-be-named software. To my surprise, he was able to automate basic editing tasks! Wow!

According to him, it was a rushed work. He wants to come up with something very quickly and that was the product. I told him he should work on it more as it will definitely help me and my friends become more efficient and productive. Well, apparently, he is writing codes during his free time. "Just a hobby," or so he say it is. I already have a list of "future software" for him to write. Hobby pala ha? Hehehe. A directory submission software is not in my top 3 but I probably will ask him to write something like that also. It would probably be valued at hundreds of dollars, right?


To Sergey and Larry: Nauna lang kayong pinanganak! Wahaha!

1 comment:

kg said...

pahiram naman! he he!