16 October 2009

Cervantes Apologized; I Won't, Unless...

The post below (Gordon, Dick (Part II): The Politics of Dickery) has created so much fiasco (no, not that it needed barricades or crowd control), or so Martin Cervantes said it. Well, Martin's blog was published by so many people, reached the air waves, sent to emails, etc. Yeah, it did create so much fiasco. I received an email from a certain Daphne saying the Senator was actually not at fault, etc. I won't be publishing it here as it was a private email (probably sent to many people, but private nonetheless).

Martin Cervantes also apologized, and here's his post:
I recently wrote a blog that well I kind of regret writing because I was thinking out of frustration at a situation in a RELIEF effort. I realized after all the mudslinging, the original point of the blog was to inform how things are going and not to create negativity and malign individuals [emphasis mine]. The pictures posted were of course done stupidly in Jest.

If you have a copy of my blog that I originally placed, please take it down for EVERYONE'S well being.

I am TRULY SORRY IF there were names dragged to the picture and of course once again I humbly accept any consequences that come out of it.

Typhoon Ondoy has brought out the BEST and worst in the Filipino but I believe the bigger picture was that it UNITED A NATION that has gone through so much. Maybe my blog was a reflection of how things go and how we shouldn't jump the gun either.

At this point....I'd just like to MOVE On...especially since there's another typhoon on its way that I'm praying will spare our country because we don't deserve this. We are a Faithful people and I know God will provide.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for the whole fiasco, it was not my intention to present it that way [emphasis mine]. Thank you and God bless us all.

I don't know what really happened that made Mr. Cervantes apologize. (Were stanchions and velvet ropes used? I don't know.) But what made me thinking is, he really did not retract his statements -- he apologized for the fiasco. Very safe... and ball-less! (Borrowing Mr. Cervantes's own words: AND I can only PRAY MR. GORDON that you be granted some sort of WISDOM (OR BALLS) to DECIDE WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO DO.) He's just playing it safe, while trying to sound sincere. If he really thinks he is at fault, then, he has to admit he was wrong -- that there was no "protocol" mentioned by Red Cross staff at all, that he's just hallucinating, etc. Because if he is just apologizing for the fiasco created, then, I'd take it that he (still) stands by his original post.

The quoted material in this blog will remain until such time that Mr. Cervantes exhibits some sort of WISDOM (OR BALLS) to DECIDE WHAT [HE] REALLY WANT[S] TO DO. Is he admitting he is wrong with the "protocol thing" (because he narrated a story -- and very clearly at that -- that the public should know)? If so, then my post below will go to trash. But if not, this will stay here.

---

Regardless of whatever Mr. Cervantes's intention is, I still don't like Dick Gordon. Amnesty to Abu Sayyaf?! What was he thinking?!

4 comments:

kg said...

smells fishy to me....

Calv said...

hmm i wonder what's the real reason behind it and why he won't mention it. hmm...

Walongbote said...

Maybe he said s0methng out of his mind. And he's sori 4 dat. I actually d0nt kn0w who is he.

Anonymous said...

i'm searching for a new country, want to come? LOLg